BHRT works on the same principles a conventional HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy), which is prescribed to peri-menopausal and menopausal women. The difference is that BHRT uses bioidentical hormones. This means the hormones replicate the structure of human hormones exactly. This is not always the case with conventional HRT. Bioidentical hormones are derived from yams and soy and are identical to the body’s own hormones.
Dr Mayoni will tailor the dose completely to each individual patient. The hormones prescribed for you in a course of BHRT are created to suit your individual hormone profile, meaning that there are fewer side effects than with conventional HRT.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may help with a variety of symptoms of hormone fluctuations and imbalances. If you suffer from any of the following, BHRT could help you:
- Hot flushes and night sweats
- Disturbed sleep
- Mood swings
- Premenstrual syndrome / PMT
- Low libido and sexual dysfunction
- Polycystic ovaries
- Dry and wrinkled skin
- Memory loss
- Mental fogginess or “brain fog”
- Difficulty with word finding
Your BHRT journey begins when you book in for your initial consultation. At this consultation, Dr. Mayoni will take your medical history and you can talk in detail about you symptoms and your desired outcomes.
The next step will be to attend a private clinic for blood tests and any other examinations the Dr. Mayoni feels necessary to assess your health and plan your treatment.
You will then visit us for your first follow-up consultation, where Dr. Mayoni will discuss the results of your tests and your BHRT prescription and treatment plan.
A specialist pharmacy will fulfil your prescription. Once you have your medication, you can begin your course. Rest assured that side effects whilst on bio-identical hormones are rare, and Dr. Mayoni will talk through the details of what you should expect at your consultation.
You will visit us again for a follow-up consultation three months after starting treatment and again at six months. You may also have further blood tests and other examinations at each of these consultations. This is because it may take a while to find the perfect hormone dose for your symptoms. People usually begin to see changes between three to eight weeks after starting treatment. Once your treatment is working well we may only need to see you once a year.
The first step is to contact us to book in for a no-obligation BHRT consultation with Dr. Mayoni. Dr. Mayoni is fully trained in BHRT, having trained with the prestigious Marion Gluck Training Academy.
- Initial consultation: £150
- Initial blood tests: from £150 (exact price determined at your consultation)
- First follow-up appointment to discuss your blood test results and options available to you, including a prescription if needed: £130
- Second follow-up appointment: three months into treatment: £130
- Third follow-up appointment: six months into treatment: £130
- Please note that your prescription cost is paid directly to the pharmacy. Typical medications cost around £50 per month
- Repeat prescription (as required): £75
If you would like to find out more or book a consultation with Dr. Mayoni, please don’t hesitate to contact us.